As a Certified Professional Bus Operator, you:
- Have credibility for the quality of work you perform
"I feel the professionalism we
show reflects the company and its image to the public.
I am for it."
- Are recognized for your knowledge, skills, and experience
"I have experience in inter-city,
urban, and airport shuttle service, and welcome the increased
respect and responsibility professional recognition would
- Have a professional designation that, if properly maintained,
stays with you throughout your career
"Drivers will feel more professional in their jobs and they will create
higher degrees of honesty and integrity in their careers. The standards
will attract highly qualified individuals and give the industry an overall
improvement to their image".
- Know that your designation is recognized across Canada
"I feel if this program is implemented
and operated properly it could develop high operating
standards for accredited companies and create a safer
- Have mobility to move in your career across Canada
"Bus drivers' roles and responsibilities
are increasing. National standards can only promote energy
efficient, worry free public transportation."
"I totally support what has been offered here. I hope it will come as soon as
possible, simply to open my horizons to my career and hopefully be a step up
in the long run."
- Have pride in your chosen field
"This program would help operators
remember they are professionals and enhance self-esteem
and morale in the work force. Earn it, be proud of it!"
- Have a visual recognition of your experience and training
Quotes are from Bus Operators' survey comments.
Need Adobe Reader to access the requested files? Download the latest version here.