- How long does it take to process my application?
There is a timing consideration to convene a meeting of the Certification Board, but on an average we anticipate that the process should take 3 to 4 months to complete applications.
- How often will I have to renew my Certification?
There is an annual requirement of a minimum of 60 hours of professional development in each 3-year period.
- Am I obligated to get my Certification?
Certification is a voluntary program, and no one is obligated to participate.
- Is there a fee to process my application?
There is a fee to begin the process and a fee per year to maintain your certificate. The schedule of fees is posted on the certification website.
- Is my Certification recognized across Canada?
Absolutely - Canada's bus industry supports the Certification program and numerous companies have contributed to its development.
- Will having my Certification mean an increase in salary?
Certification is not directly linked to salary scales, however being a Certified Training Instructor will ensure that your qualifications and abilities are recognized by bus companies across Canada.