The Motor Carrier Passenger Council of Canada Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) Policy Statement
The Motor Carrier Passenger Council of Canada (MCPCC) is committed to protecting any of your personal information in our possession. We will not disclose any of your personal information other than for its intended use. We will only use any personal information for identified purposes set out in MCPCC’S mandate and we will not disclose or use this information without obtaining consent from you.
We will work to ensure that any third parties that we do business with are compliant with Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
You as visitors can prevent the usage of cookies, by the MCPCC website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and choosing the permanent removal of cookies setting. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via your Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in their Internet browser, not all functions of this website will be entirely usable.
COMPLIANCE - GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
The Motor Carrier Passenger Council is making every effort to ensure GDPR Compliance. In doing so, we diligently ensure the following:
- We have never sold, we are not selling, and we will not sell any of your personal data provided to us.
- For items purchased on our site, we take payment by cheque only. We do not store any personal data and collect data strictly for the delivery of purchased goods.
- Information Voluntarily Submitted to the Website by readers: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address if you submit them personally in our various portals for surveys, educational programs, accreditation and certification programs, and evaluation purposes. You submitting your information voluntarily through these channels on the website is the ONLY way we collect information. We do not search for these details, it is done voluntarily by you, our visitors.
- Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. When you use the Website for instance, our site will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We could also collect such details as actions you take on the Website, such as links clicked. Your information has been made ANONYMOUS on Google Analytics and is only viewed on an aggregate basis.
How your Information Could be Used from these methods:
- Website maintenance and operations
- Measurement and Tracking of site stats, traffic, and program interest
- Protection, investigation, and deterrence from unauthorized or illegal activity/actions.
You have the right to:
- Be informed regarding how the data is collected and used
- Have access to the data about you
- Ask us to change the data about you
- Ask us to delete your data provided
PERSONAL DATA USAGE BY THIRD PARTIES
Your information may be shared with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to do so. The third parties in question use your information as advised and per their written and concrete privacy policies.
The third-party service providers currently servicing Motor Carrier Passenger Council:
Google Analytics – This service tracks Website usage and traffic, providing helpful information as referring websites and users’ actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information. The Google Analytics data is ANONYMOUS and non-aggregated data is NEVER used or observed.
Survey Now – We collect data for survey purposes through Survey Now. This information is inputted by you, the user, and is collected solely for the purpose of the survey and collection of results.
INFORMATION REGARDING MINORS
The Motor Carrier Passenger Council does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from minors under 16 years of age. If a parent or guardian believes Motor Carrier Passenger Council has personally identifiable information of a minor under age 16, please contact us IMMEDIATELY at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to remove this information as soon as possible.